Portal for new employees and students
Welcome to Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) and the Canadian Coast Guard (CCG).
The information on this page will help you get started. If you haven't already done so, please refer to the Pre-Onboarding Booklet, to the New Employees Checklist or the New Students Onboarding Guide below, and begin your onboarding process:
- Review the new Pre-Onboarding Booklet
- Check out the New employees guide
- Get an early start by reading the New students onboarding guide
Information for new employees
Key forms to fill
Get your integration started. Fill out forms and questionnaires. Then follow instructions to print, sign and submit them to your new manager, except for the Conflict of interest declaration form, below, which should be sent to DFO.ValuesandEthics-Valeursetethique.MPO@dfo-mpo.gc.ca. Depending on your browser settings, you may need to save this form to your device and open it using a PDF reader.
- Employee questionnaire (PDF)
- Conflict of interest declaration form (PDF)
- Provincial and territorial income tax credit information
- 2023 Personal tax credits return – Federal (PDF)
- Direct deposit enrolment request (PDF) and a void cheque or a direct deposit form downloaded from your financial institution
Important information to review
Review the following documents. Then discuss them with your new manager.
- Values and Ethics Code
- What is our duty to accommodate?
- Disability Management
- Rights and obligations of federal employees wishing to engage in political activities
- GCworkplace: A modern workplace for the new public service
- Activity based workplace
- Best Practices
Who we are
What makes us tick? Find out what makes Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) and the Canadian Coast Guard (CCG) different from other departments. These fact sheets will inform you and help you navigate during the next several months of your employment.
Individual fact sheets
- Getting to know the department
- Government and departmental context
- Organizational chart – What's what and who's who?
- What to expect during your first 90 days
- Basic pay and benefits information
- Essential safety and security
- Establishing a healthy work environment
- Learning, development and managing performance
- Occupational health and safety
- Careers in government
DFO and CCG in video
Pop some corn. Watch videos of Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) and the Canadian Coast Guard (CCG) employees and listen to them describe their experiences in their profession.