- Infoceans, New wave
Infoceans regularly publishes articles on the activities, policies and programs of Fisheries and Oceans Canada and the Canadian Coast Guard that affect Quebec.
- Integrated Fishery Management Plan, Lobster Fishing Area 22, from 2010 until 2014 (PDF)
Defines the issues and objectives that guide the management of Magdalen Islands lobster from 2010 to 2014. Also, it presents the background, the socio-economic importance of the fishery and information on the species’ biology.
- Stock Status Reports
- The Fishing Industry in Quebec - Maritime areas profile 2015 (PDF)
Portrait of the fishing industry in the three maritime areas of Quebec: the Gaspe-Lower St. Lawrence, the North Shore and the Magdalen Islands.
- The Fishing Industry in Quebec - Socio-economic profile 2015 (PDF)
Portrait of the fishing industry in maritime Quebec.
- Aquatic Invasive Species Identification Booklet
A guide to the principal aquatic invasive species present in marine environments in Eastern Canada.
- Report on the Public Consultation on the St. Lawrence Estuary Marine Protected Area (MPA) Project(PDF)
In order to ensure long-term protection of marine mammals while maintaining sustainable economic activities, Fisheries and Oceans Canada plans on creating a Marine Protected Area in the St. Lawrence Estuary.
Projects Near Water
Subsequent to changes to the Fisheries Act, our Fish Habitat regional publications are no longer accurate and have been removed from the Web.
If you have questions concerning works, undertakings or activities occurring or proposed in or near water, please contact:
Fisheries Protection Program
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
850, route de la Mer, PO Box 1000
Mont-Joli, Quebec G5H 3Z4
Telephone: Toll free 1-877-722-4828
- Canadian Survey of Atlantic, Pacific, Arctic, and Great Lakes Observing Systems
Comprehensive inventory of existing observing systems in Canada. It gives a clear knowledge of the targeted activities and will help building a national strategy.
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada Library
Articles published by Maurice Lamontagne Institute scientists from 1986 to 2012.
- Preliminary Assessment of Oceans Observing Systems Value
Preliminary analysis of observing systems socio-economic impacts.
- Scientific publications
- Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat (CSAS) Publications
Stock, Ecosystem and Habitat Status Reports; Research Documents; Proceedings for scientific meeting or workshop.
Species at Risk
- St. Lawrence Striped Bass
Awareness raising tool for recreational fishers : how to identify the St. Lawrence Estuary striped bass and return it correctly to the water. This fish was recently added to the List of species at risk.
- Small Fish Fact Sheets
The Bridle Shiner - a Species of Special Concern
The Channel Darter - a Threatened Species
The Eastern Sand Darter - a Threatened Species
Distribution, habitat and threats to the survival of three small freshwater fish at risk in southern Quebec. Examples of what can be done to contribute to their recovery.