Temporary Public Service Health Care Plan change – Update
May 5, 2020
Following the announcement on March 24 of temporary measures introduced to the Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP), the Government of Canada is introducing additional temporary changes to the PSHCP.
These measures include:
- Extending travel emergency benefits
- Temporary relaxing of early prescription refills at the professional discretion of the pharmacist and provincial and territorial regulations
- Accepting claims for social workers as mental health professionals
- Removing the requirement for a prescription for mental health and physiotherapy services
- Coverage for virtual paramedical services, for example, psychologists, physiotherapists and others.
Taken together, these measures will help plan members and eligible dependants access health care benefits while minimizing social interaction with health care professionals.
These temporary measures will remain in effect until non-critical business is authorized to resume or as indicated otherwise.
For more information, please see the PSHCP information notice.
Please note that plan members who require assistance with travel-related medical emergencies in Canada and the United States should call Allianz toll-free at 1-800-667-2883. Those in all other countries should call Allianz collect at 519-742-1342.
Your DFO and Coast Guard Pay Team
HR to Pay Systems and Employee Support Directorate